Which level is right for me?
Discover level arts award is available for anyone up to age 25. This level is a good place to start if you have never taken part in the award before. Learn new things and share what you did.
Explore is slightly more advanced than Discover, accessible ages 7-25. For this level you need to create or keep a log book of work. Evidence what arts activities you got involved in and what skills you learned. We at Anthos like to create our own logbooks/ evidence to add to the experience of the award.
Bronze is the harder than Explore. Participants must be age 11 to take the award. This level involves doing some work on a chosen skill and then teaching others about that skill. Participants must also participate in arts activities.
The Silver award is harder than the Bronze award and is available to ages 11-25. It involves tackling arts challenges and a good deal of independent research.
The highest level of the award. Gold involves a considerable amount of independent work and study, the organisation and delivery of an arts event and evidence of acceptable reflection on own practice. Completing the Gold award earns UCAS points.
The benefits of Arts Award
1. A great way for young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts.
2. A way of documenting the Anthos Arts project and to reflect on the work as critical artist.
3. A framework for learning new skills and sharing them.
4. An opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills.
5. A link between young people and creative arts professionals.
6. Employers and colleges recognise it as proof of your skills and commitment.
7. The programme develops creativity, leadership and communication skills.
8. Through Arts Award young people learn to work independently, helping them to prepare for further education and employment.
What is an Arts Award?
Arts Award is a national qualification which supports young people to develop as artists and arts leaders.
Anthos Arts is an Arts Award Centre, with three trained Arts Award Advisers, who are experienced artists and facilitators. As a part of the Anthos Arts creative process, we use the Arts Award template so that the company may award its members with the national qualification at either Discover, Explore Bronze or Silver level.
The Arts Award is a highly regarded arts-based qualification that is recognised by Higher Education/Further Education and employers. Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England.