What is an Arts Award?
Arts Award is a national qualification which supports young people to develop as artists and arts leaders.
Anthos Arts is an Arts Award Centre, with three trained Arts Award Advisers, who are experienced artists and facilitators. As a part of the Anthos Arts creative process, we use the Arts Award template so that the company may award its members with the national qualification at either Discover, Explore Bronze or Silver level.
The Arts Award is a highly regarded arts-based qualification that is recognised by Higher Education/Further Education and employers. Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England.
The benefits of Arts Award
1. A great way for young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts.
2. A way of documenting the Anthos Arts project and to reflect on the work as critical artist.
3. A framework for learning new skills and sharing them.
4. An opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills.
5. A link between young people and creative arts professionals.
6. Employers and colleges recognise it as proof of your skills and commitment.
7. The programme develops creativity, leadership and communication skills.
8. Through Arts Award young people learn to work independently, helping them to prepare for further education and employment.